I love economics. It brings me joy both to learn and to teach it. It permeates my thinking on just about everything.
As such, I want to bring that light to the world. I’ve begun compiling a list of low-monetary-cost books and resources for non-economists who are nevertheless interested in this beautiful subject. My basic criteria are books under $30 and “would I give this book to my grandmother?” What follows is (in no particular order) that list. It is incomplete and I hope to add more. Keep coming back!
- Universal Economics by Armen Alchian and William Allen
- The Armchair Economist by Steven Landsburg
- Homer Economicus edited by Josh Hall
- Living Economics by Peter Boettke
- Economic Sophisms by Frederic Bastiat (also available free here)